Classroom Innovation Grant Information
Applications Due September 15th, 2017
Maximum Funds Available per Grant: $1,500
Thank you for your interest in improving educational opportunities for students in the Bellevue Public School system by submitting an application for a Bellevue Public Schools Foundation Classroom Innovation Grant.
- allow teachers/staff to obtain supplies, admissions and access to other items which will enhance the student education experience
- foster creativity in learning and provide innovative ways to engage students
- can be used in a classroom, in one or multiple schools, or as part of an after school or summer enrichment program
- teachers/staff can submit one grant as an individual or as part of a team (collaborations maximizing dollar reach are encouraged)
- teachers/staff may only be involved in one grant submission per year
- signed approval from a building principal or supervisor is required to ensure compatibility with BPS programs/technology guidelines
- grant narrative should provide a purchase order or invoice/bid-type document with as much relevant information as possible: websites, ISBN numbers (if applicable), information about products, specific expenses including each item, shipping/taxes (if applicable) and any other additional costs involved
- once awarded, grant purchases will be made through district purchasing methods (please consult with your building's procurement person) and, if applicable,
made through entities with whom the District has purchasing agreements, such as Shopko, Target, Menards, Baker's and No Frills
- grant recipients must submit a one-page evaluation to the Classroom Innovation Grants committee (c/o info@BellevuePublicSchoolsFoundation.org) within one month of completion
- please include supporting documentation, photos, testimonials and/or published articles to help the BPS Foundation publicize the project's success
Proposals Cannot Include:
- costs for substitute teachers
- reimbursements to an individual
- travel expenses for a teacher
- Special Education equipment/materials required to support Individualized Education Plans (IEP) already covered by the district
- Teacher and student instructional devices covered by the District Technology Plan, such as computers, iPads, iPods, touch-screen devices, projectors and Apple TVs.
These grants are made possible thanks to generous contributions from BPS current and retired staff, parents and the community. Thank you for all your efforts to help the Bellevue Public School District be the best it can be.
Grant recipients will be notified of grant selection by November 1st, 2017.
Classroom Grant Application (this link will only be active during the grant window: August 21st through September 15th, 2017)