Classroom Innovation Grant Overview
$1,500 Maximum Funds Available per Grant
September 14th, 2018 Applications Due
By November 1st, 2018 Grant recipients notified
- Allow teachers/staff to obtain supplies, admissions and access to other items which will enhance the student education experience
- Foster creativity in learning and provide innovative ways to engage students
- Use in a classroom, in one or multiple schools, or as part of an after school or summer enrichment program
- Submit one grant as an individual or as part of a team (collaborations maximizing dollar reach are encouraged).
- Submit only one grant each year.
- Have your building principal or supervisor approve the application to ensure it is compatibile with BPS programs/technology guidelines and adopted curriculum.
- Include a purchase order or invoice/bid document with as much relevant information as possible: websites, ISBN numbers (if applicable), information about products, specific expenses including each item, shipping/taxes (if applicable) and any other additional costs involved.
Proposals May Not Include:
- Costs for substitute teachers
- Reimbursements to an individual
- Travel expenses for a teacher
- Special Education equipment/materials required to support Individualized Education Plans (IEP) already covered by the district
- Teacher and student instructional devices covered by the District Technology Plan, such as computers, iPads, iPods, touch-screen devices, projectors and Apple TVs.
These grants are made possible thanks to generous contributions from BPS current and retired staff, parents and the community.
Classroom Grant Application (This link will only be active during the grant window: August 20th through September 14th, 2018)
Using the Grant Award
Once awarded, you must make grant purchases through district purchasing methods, and, if applicable, use entities with whom the District has purchasing agreements, such as Shopko, Target, Menards, Baker's and No Frills. Please consult with your building's procurement person.
Grant recipients must submit a one-page evaluation to the Classroom Innovation Grants committee (info@BellevuePublicSchoolsFoundation.org) within one month after the school year is complete. That evalation should include supporting documentation, photos, testimonials and/or published articles to help the BPS Foundation publicize the project's success.