BPS Foundation Board Overview
Applications are currently being accepted to serve as volunteer members-at-large on the BPS Foundation Board of Directors. The Foundation partners with the community to provide financial support otherwise not available to help enhance educational opportunities for the students and staff of the BPS District. APPLY HERE!
Board Legal Duties
A board member’s role is to ensure the organization’s resources are used to achieve its mission. This includes the duties of care, loyalty and obedience.
- Duty of care: A board member is responsible for participating in decision-making on behalf of the organization and must exercise independent judgment while doing so. These decisions must be informed, meaning the Board member should make efforts to become familiar with the relevant, available facts.
- Duty of loyalty: When acting on behalf of an organization, Board members must set aside their own interests, whether professional or personal, or the interests of any other organization. Simply put, the nonprofit organization must come first.
- Duty of obedience: Board members have a responsibility to be faithful to the organization’s stated mission and not to act or use its resources in incompatible ways or purposes.
All (Board members) are expected to attend Board and committee meetings, financially support the Foundation, actively promote the BPS Foundation, and encourage and support its staff.
The Board meets 10 times a year on the third Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. Meetings are typically held at the BPS Support Center (2820 Arboretum Drive) but may be subject to change due to District conflicts. Committee meetings are scheduled monthly or as needed.
Election and Term of Service
The Nominating committee will collect nominees for members at large on the BPS Foundation Board of Directors. Board members are elected for a term of approximately four (4) years each. No director may serve more than two (2) such approximately four-year terms on the Foundation's Board of Directors. After elections, informational meetings with new members will be scheduled.
• Ingra Winkler Anderson, Foundation Executive Director - (402) 293-4030
• Dr. Jeff Rippe, BPS Superintendent of Schools – (402) 293-4000
• Amanda Oliver, BPS Director of Communications - (402) 293-4000
• BPS Foundation Board members